How to extract data from email attachments
Here are the steps used to parse from email attachments.
1. Send over an email with a file attachment to your @mailparser.io inbox.
2. Create a new parsing rule for each data field you want to extract from the attachment.
3. Set the Data source of the parsing rule to “Attachment”
4. Choose the file content type, if your file contains plain text choose “Text Content” or if you are parsing a Spreadsheet file or you want to extract table rows from a PDF file, switch the filter to “Table Cells”.
5. You will then see the data of the attached file. The image below shows this step.
From there on, everything works as usual. You can chain up multiple text filters until your data field is isolated from the rest.